Monday, December 12, 2011

How to get rid of lamb curry bad smell?

ok so here's the deal, i love lamb gosht or goat tikka etc, but everytime i cook it, the peculiar(sometimes nasty) smell of goat/lamb (heek) still comes and that makes me feel like not eating the meat anymore. Even with the lamb/goat curry its same problem. So my question is how to get rid of the smell, also if theres a special type of meat we need to buy or something else?How to get rid of lamb curry bad smell?
I am a former chef and worked in Jamaica and we made both types of currys, if you wash the meat and sprinkle salt on it, rinse it and then part blanch the meat then drain it, that will take some of the blood protein out, also when you cook your currys, do it slow so the aromas are not spread so fast, I use a crockpot, I get cubed lamb and goat from the store and use it the same way, I defrost it, wash it in salt water, blanch the meat, then saute it with the base, another thing that keeps the smell down is ginger.



I use a base of 4 fine chopped onions a good 2-3 tablespoons of fresh ginger and at least 4 cloves of garlic, with the meat, tomatos, potatos sometimes chickpeas instead of potatos, and fresh okra, these ingredients make a good hearty curry and I find the aroma of the meat is subdued.How to get rid of lamb curry bad smell?
To start I cannot understand why there should be a smell? Possibly it's the goat. I wouldn't eat goat. But if you want to reduce kitchen smells, just burn an ordinary wax candle in your kitchen.The carbon burning in the candle will reduce smells.Eat New Zealand Lamb and have a good feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment