Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do Christians deal with loved ones in hell?

How does Christians deal with unsaved loved ones who have died? Surely, thinking that they are suffering beyond belief and will continue to do so until the end of time isn't a very comforting answer, and doesn't exactly give Christianity an image of bringing hope to people who are in pain over lost loved ones.



So, what can a Christian do in such a situation?How do Christians deal with loved ones in hell?
It is distressing to think of such a situation. I have often prayed to God saying that my happiness in Heaven could not be fulfilled knowing I had anyone I loved in Hell. That is why I pray so hard for souls. God is merciful.



I am not a Christian who believes non-believers go to Hell. I believe that God could really care less about whether we believe or not. It is how we live our lives that really matters.



I believe in Purgatory and so I pray for the dead.How do Christians deal with loved ones in hell?
praise the lord...........
Try not to play God and realise that you dont know whether or not that person ultimately was saved.
';and doesn't exactly give Christianity an image of bringing hope to people who are in pain over lost loved ones';



LMAO
You said ';...and doesn't exactly give Christianity an image of bringing hope to people who are in pain over lost loved ones.';



Who said we were to give hope to those that have lost loved ones? The only hopethe Bible talks about is the hope we have in Jesus. And what hope is that? The hope that I will be with God forever, that he is not angry with me and that I won't come under his condemnation.



';Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.'; (John 5:24)



Read the article at the link below.






The fact is, Christian cannot do anything!
I don't believe hell is as most believe it to be. Hell IS the second death. I pray for all my loved ones. I can not say who will go to hell and who will not. Only God knows the heart
Those who ask such questions fall into the category of those who asked Jesus a similar question. The Pharisees said that a certain woman had seven consecutive husbands, so whose wife will she be in heaven (Mark 12:23)? Jesus answered by saying that they neither knew the Scriptures nor the power of God. The unregenerate mind has no concept of God檚 mind or His infinite power. If God can speak the sun into existence; if He can see every thought of every human heart at the same time; if He can create the human eye with its 137,000,000 light-sensitive cells, then He can handle the minor details of our eternal salvation.

John writes that in heaven ';we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is'; (1 John 3:2), so perhaps we will be fully satisfied that God is perfectly just and merciful, and that He gave every individual the opportunity to accept or reject Him. However He works it out, God promises that there will not be sorrow or crying in heaven. Our focus in heaven won檛 be on our loss, but on our gain.



--------------

I think it is a matter of being in the presence of God in all His fullness and glory will far, far exceed our loss of loved ones. In some manner when I reach heaven, I feel I will be enlighted (but not in a sense that some people may understand enlightment) of the burdens of the this world and I will be shown everything that ever happened in my life and how it was purposed by God to bring Him glory. I will be amazed to find out how much more God has done for me and those that haved prayed for me and my salvation throughout the years when I was lost and wandering in the far country. Respectfully, I do not agree that this enlightment or higher level of knowledge that God will reveal will remove my free will in any way.

I do not take lightly the salvation of my unsaved family and friends or strangers. I pray for them often (not often enough, but I am trying) and I try to plant seeds whenever I can, but ultimately it is their decision (and again I do not say that lightly). This is why it is so important for Christians to reach out with a sense of urgency, yet also and foremost with Christ's love and sensitivity to those situations. I try to never force myself or my faith on others, but I know I sometimes screw up and I try to apologize and ask for forgiveness when I have hurt someone.



Thanks for your comment!
I don't know of anyway to tell for sure who will be in heaven and who will be in hell. Most Christians don't believe that this is something that we are at all qualified to assess. I've heard that born-again Christians believe for sure that if you are saved you definately go to heaven and if you are not, you don't, but I believe this is the only little sub-group that feels this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment