Sunday, November 21, 2010

My friend is a big, big, big LIAR, how do we deal with this?

We have this friend, let's call her ';Betty';.

She's amazing and together we're all always having a good time.

But recently, she keeps making up this stupid FAKE stories for no reason.



1. She made up this extra ';school'; she goes to that teaches etiquette and is ';high class';. She's always blabbing on about what happens there, new friends she meets there, stuff she does there. After talking about it for months, we asked her what the name was or where it was. She replied with saying it檚 located somewhere deep in town and you can檛 google in since you can only get in if your related by blood or some crap like that.



2. She檚 made up more than 5 imaginary friends. She has names for them, how they look and she檚 always talking about what she does with them and how she hangs out with them. It檚 clear she檚 lying because such friends don檛 exist. We ask to hang out with them but Betty always has an excuse . We ask if we could see their facebook, pictures, anything but she says they don檛 have any.



3. The worst thing she檚 done so far is her fake boyfriend. She MADE UP a boyfriend to appear cool to us. We never saw him, heard him, or anything. I can't even put in to words how obvious her lying was.



Now she檚 got a new phone and she檚 calling my other friend and pretending to be some boy asking if my friend could help him ask Betty out when it檚 Betty herself. She is now faking to be someone else.



This is getting out of hand for us. At first, we went along with it and said whatever, let her have her fun. But now it檚 just stupid. How could she look in our eyes and deliberately lie? She檚 becoming such a phony friend, it檚 horrible. Why would she even lie? It檚 not like she has to impress our group of friends. We still love her but we can檛 put up with any of this crap anymore.



Any advice on what we should do?My friend is a big, big, big LIAR, how do we deal with this?
Shes probally trying to show off. Sne wants you to think she all that and maybe be jelous. I hate when my friends lie to me, trust me. You shouldn't be her friend. You have more friends.. TRUE friends.My friend is a big, big, big LIAR, how do we deal with this?
shes gonna become a ***** later on. this girl has been my best friend, but she became like that and faking a boyfriend and friends just like that. she makes up all this drama crap about her and her boyfriend flirting together. she always says her brother is a famous football player but nobody even heard of his name that i cant tell you. she became into and ignorrant *****, so we are now enemies. you friend there might become and ignorant ***** too. when she tries to make up drama crap, ignore her and cut her off saying something like ';lets go to that tree'; and make those kind of things so she gets sick and tired of being cut off. she will stop later. just fix her up before she becomes a real ***** who is trying to look good.
She will grow out of it,

it's a very immature thing to do.. as she gets older she will feel more comfortable and stop with the lies.

She is at the stage where she feels the only way she would be accepted is to make up stories.
Tell her you know she made all those things up and she needs to stop because it is making her look bad and that she does not NEED to make things up because you all like her ANYWAY,she does NOT need to impress you all.
I'm not really sure if maybe just you should sit her down and call her bluff on all this stuff, or whether a group of her friends should all do it together. You might be the best judge of that, but you or all of you need to let her know that you went along with all of her fantasies at first because you didn't see any harm in it to let her have her fun, but now it's all just getting ridiculous and you're worried about her if she continues to live this make believe life. Just tell it like it is and refuse to listen to that crap any longer.
shes a compulsive liar and thing is that she sounds JUST LIKE ME and I am 26 yrs old.

I think since she's so used to It It's going to be really hard for her to stop. Like I've said before I am just like your friend and It Is very hard for me to stop my lying as well. I lie about anything and everything I could possibly think of. I've lied about being In a abusive relationship with someone I am obsessive with and kept It going for 4 years straight and up until this day I still lie about It. your friend cant control herself from stopping herself not to lie anymore that Is why she does that. I can control myself IF I wanted to. If shes a good friend of yours then you should help her as much as you can. All liars need help, I know I sure do. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment