Friday, November 19, 2010

How do you get over loving someone who does not love you?

My wife left me 2 months ago. I'm pretty sure she is not coming back. We did have some problems but were working on them. Then one day she says she is not sure if she loves me and moves out. She said she thinks she may have stayed with me for the past 11 years because she didn't think anyone else would love her. I love her with all my heart. I always have. How does one deal with that? I feel like a widow but I know she is still out there. And don't give me the remember the good times bullshit...I feel abandoned the last thing I want to do is think about all the times I miss so much right now. So how do you move on from a love you are committed to and just fades away in such a one-sided way? How do you get over having your partner just walk away on you?How do you get over loving someone who does not love you?
The short answer is just time. I know that sounds lame, but really I think it is the only cure for heartache. It just gets easier as time goes on. People might say ';remember the good times, keep busy, move on, etc'; and while sometimes it's good advice, you know it doesn't make the hurt go away. The hurt WILL go away in time.How do you get over loving someone who does not love you?
You need to focus on the bad times for now. Focus on the fact that she clearly does NOT love you. So, this is where you get the strength to move on, from the belief that you deserve to be loved and it will not be from her. More details on this on the page I read - I copy the link here:
She doesn't sound like a nice person...give it time and you will see her for what she really is. Its just fresh right now.
WOW

what happened to her to make her feel that way

Why would you want that back



Sorry I really don't believe in divorce except for really bad things

and if you are never going to see her, grieve and let it past

in a way you are a widow

accept it and learn to live by yourself again.
First thing you need to know..SHE DOESN'T DESERVE YOU. There is someone out there that deserves that love you could offer. You've been together for 11yrs then all of a sudden she left. Well, I'm sure she's feeling this for a while now. Falling out of love don't just happen overnight especially if you've been together for 11yrs. Obviously,she's looking for something that she can't find in you. Let her go and you move on with your life. Holding back will not make the situation better. It will be hard at first but eventually you would be able to smile and love again. Seek comfort from family and friends. Focus on yourself for now. Have fun. Bring back that confidence again. Nothing is a conincidence. Everthing happens for a reason. You may not know it now but someday you will. This would make you a stronger and better person. And like the the famous saying says, if you lose something/someone a better one will come up. Good luck. :-)
It happened to me after 19 years of marriage and five children. Just said he didn't love me, he had found someone he really did love. The pain was actually physical, I felt like I had been ripped in half. After about two months I got in with a really good psychologist who helped me a lot. However, I didn't get over it. My husband came back after about 4 months. I'm not sure I would have ever gotten over it so I don't know what to tell you. I know a hell of a lot of people go through it but I don't know how. It's a horrible, painful experience. You have my sympathy. I hope everything works out for you and you are happy again. Good luck.
Make up your mind to move on. It will take time to get over it, but you could start accepting that it has happened. Commence divorce proceedings as a way of helping you to ';know'; it's over. Keep yourself busy and visit supportive friends and family. They will want to help you through this difficult time. Good luck.
Buy the book ';It's called breakup because its Broken';....Yes it has a girly cover, but it is for anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment