Sunday, November 21, 2010

How should I deal with this unrequited love?

She's my childhood/best friend, and right now, she currently has a bf in a relationship lasting over a year now. Even though I see her approximately once every 3-4 months, each night I always find myself thinking of her. We do keep in contact sometimes, and one thing that really threw me off was that she told me she used to have a crush on me back in middle school. I also had asked her to my school's prom and she said, ';yes.'; Now what?How should I deal with this unrequited love?
Hello jda091



Love is a funny thing . . . what we call love is basically the ultimate in egoism. We feel love for someone (or something) because that person or thing makes us feel good. It is all about us. In fact, if someone or something does not make us feel good - we tend to say we hate it.



I found this article for you which defines true love - when we give completely of ourselves, with no thought of ourselves. I know that many women, and probably men, feel that they have this kind of love. But if we really honestly analyse our motives, we will see that we cannot move even a muscle unless we can perceive some benefit in it for ourselves . . .



http://www.kabbalah.info/engkab/life-lov



I hope this helps

Shalom

MemHow should I deal with this unrequited love?
sounds like you both have interest in eachother

No comments:

Post a Comment