Sunday, November 21, 2010

How can I deal with young love and a long distance relationship all in one?

I am 13 years old, and I traveled with my best friend to New York last summer and this summer, and, long story short, her13-year-old, tennis-playing, dog-loving cousin is my boyfriend now. Problems: we live more than 300 miles apart, and my mom doesn't know because I'm not supposed to date until I am 16. I can't dump him, because he likes me as much as I like him (and that's a lot). How can I deal with a long distance relationship, and should I tell my mom or not?How can I deal with young love and a long distance relationship all in one?
I think that you should break up with him or atleast tell him that you think its best to be ';together'; instead of boyfriend/girlfriend. You're so young and I'm guessing that you probably aren't planning on going to New York enough times in a year to make the relationship continue to grow. And in reality you really don't know him that well. There is only so much that you can learn and like about a person through phone/text/online conversations. Plus what if a great guy, one that would be perfect for you, comes along that lives in your area and instead of giving him a chance you don't because you are caught up on some boy that you barely know. I've tried to do long distant relationships before and they are soo hard, and being young makes it even harder. Good luck!! You should post back what you decide to do.How can I deal with young love and a long distance relationship all in one?
WOW! That is almost my exact situation. I live almost 300 miles away from the girl that I like ( I had to move because my mom didnt like living on the coast) but what I did was get her address and I started writing letters to her. We wrote letters for about 3 yrs. , then I got her email and now we talk on yahoo messenger. And she is 1 yr older than you, so our situation is very similar

No comments:

Post a Comment