Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I deal with love that has an expiration date?

I had the ';what are we'; talk with the guy I'm seeing this afternoon. I completely understand our conclusion that everything should just stay the way they are for now, since the school year is almost over and we live on opposite ends of the country, but I still feel hurt. It's not his fault. My first instinct is to do what I've done in other recent relationships that I wasn't taking seriously and emotionally disconnect, but I don't want to that to him because we were friends before this and I cared about him before we started seeing one another like this. I really do like him and want to try this for real, if it comes to it. But I don't want to get hurt when/if it all ends in a little over a month. How do I balance self preservation with emotional connection in this case?



Please don't just tell me to suck it up because life hurts sometimes. I've had more hurt than most people deal with in living three times as long as I have. Serious answers please!How do I deal with love that has an expiration date?
.The relationship hasn't a use by date.You both mutually set the paremeters of what is prudent and what is not.You won;t get hurt if you agree on guidelines and stick to them

No comments:

Post a Comment