Friday, November 19, 2010

My mother......?

are all mother daughter relationships so difficult?

how do you cope/deal/love/respect, a mom that loves deeply, and means well, yet suffers from very deep depression that has affected her mindset so negatively, and attacked her physical being to a crippling status?

she is a Christian, yet does not truly live by the word of God, or i feel she would percieve and react to situations in a more healthy way, as a Christian myself, i feel as though situations are not about me, and cant be ';blamed'; on others, they are about God, to me it is about being the person He wants me to be, and He in turn fills me with all the strength i need. My mom however is falling apart, why? and what can i say to her? and what do i do when she tests my nerves with her constant need for ALL the attention and focus to be on her beacause of her depression, she is very emotionally needy, gets angry and defensive irrationally and overanalyzes everything. how do i cope, set bounderies, love, and still respect her?My mother......?
all you can do is pray for her and God will handle the rest. talk to her and hold her up for him. i would know my mom and me were apart most of my life because of things in the past, but now we are closer than ever before. (things happened that i would prefer not say)My mother......?
your welcome and i will be praying for you and you mom also. just never lose faith. God bless.

Report Abuse


no im a son
my mom and i get along well and we are both christians.

however, my mom and my grandma do not! my grandmother sounds a lot like your mom.

why my mom did is she was nice to her, loved her, prayed for her, and prayed for help from god in the situation, and she protected her space by not letting my grandma controll or trample her.

my grandma still grates on our nerves very often, but there's a little more of an understanding.
Her depression could cause all of the problems you are descibing and I know this because you're describing me.Going to a phychiatrist getting on the right medication and seeing a therapist and learn coping skills has helped me tremendustly.

No comments:

Post a Comment